Tuesday, May 4, 2010

gallup poll interested in my banking experiences?

my bank was concerned about whether or not my teller was obsequious enough: if she laughed hard enough at my jokes, if she made me feel like 'one of us'.

"can i talk about the goons they sent to strangle kittens in front of my children?"

"sir, while your concern does seem legitimate, that's not in the scope of this poll..
now can you tell me on a scale of 1 to 10..."

she did get frustrated with me and let me go eventually. i felt just barely vindicated somehow even though this poor woman had nothing to do with banks really. hell, she probably had to take that job for one monetarily hamstrung reason or another too.

the fact that a board meeting takes place in a room with paid executives & marketing directors- they decide on this plan to search for just a narrow band of customer feedback to see how they're doing in our eyes:

-did the teller kiss your ass?-

shows such an obvious disconnect between corporate self awareness and everyday experience. they don't know that it's bad to kill kittens in front of children, and then they think that a good nose in the butt from a stranger will fix things right again & even make me loyal.

"does this office ever get cleaned? my wastecan is almost full."

you're changing the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment